Useful ways to Repurpose your Candle Jars
I love nothing more than a pretty jar and there's nothing worse than the thought of that pretty jar going into the recycling bin - but what can we do?? The answer is lots, firstly though we need to clean our candle jars as there will be roughly ½ inch of wax in the jar.
1. Poor boiling water into your jar and leave sit for 30mins, this will soften the remaining wax in the jar.
2. Empty the jar and scoop out the remaining wax, at this point you should be able to easily remove the tab from wick with a spoon.
3. Give the jar a good clean with dish soap until it's sparkling.
4. Your jar is now ready for reuse.
Here are some ideas for you to reuse your jar:
- Add a tealight
- Toothbrush holder
- Makeup brushes
- Toiletries - cotton pads/Qtips/cotton balls/tweezers
- Drinking glasses
- Pen holder
- Coffee capsule holder
- T-bag holder
Tell us how do you reuse your candle jars?